NEW LUNG Tobacco Cessation Services
Ready to be tobacco-free? 1-866-NEW-LUNG offers a broad range of free services to help you quit smoking or using smokeless tobacco products. For more information call 1-866-NEW-LUNG (1-866-639-5864) or visit http://ochealthinfo.com/tupp/tpc/. Click here for a PDF of the tobacco cessation brochure with more information on the services available to youth and adults living or working in Orange County. All services are provided free of charge.
FDA ANNOUNCES NEW RESOURCES TO EDUCATE THE PUBLIC ABOUT NEW TOBACCO REGULATIONS
New rules went into effect on June 22, 2010 limiting the sale and marketing of cigarettes and smokeless tobacco by:
• Prohibiting the sale of cigarettes or smokeless tobacco to people younger than 18;
• Prohibiting the sale of cigarette packages with less than 20 cigarettes;
• Prohibiting distribution of free samples of cigarettes;
• Restricting distribution of free samples of smokeless tobacco; and
• Prohibiting tobacco companies from sponsoring any athletic, musical or other social or cultural events, among other things.
Every day nearly 4,000 kids under 18 try their first cigarette and 1,000 children under 18 become daily smokers. Please help protect America’s children from disease and premature death caused by tobacco use. Report any violations to the FDA.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Federal Drug Administration announce new resources on their website to educate key stakeholders about the regulations. Go to: